Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 15 - Back Home

It took us 25 hours from the time we left the Taj Hotel in Mumbai to the time we walked in our house. It was exhausting.

I am glad to be home yet sad that we had to leave India. I would go back to see Varanasi again, and really want to visit the Himalayas and Kerala (which I've learned is pronounced KER-ah-lah ohh and I've also learned that Pune is pronounced poo-nay and not poon hehe).

Top five things I loved about India:
  1. There is so much color in the women's clothing regardless of their caste or economic status. We never saw the same sari twice. It was incredible.
  2. The people we've met have been warm and welcoming. They had a healthy curiosity about us.
  3. You can see their culture everywhere (though not so much in westernized Mumbai). Music, clothes, religion, customs.
  4. Detailed architecture - if you take the time to look, the architecture is marvelous.
  5. The fact that each state in India is so different from each other each other makes all of India a hidden jewel.
Top three things I disliked about India:
  1. The poor air quality in the congested cities.
  2. The fact that no one uses turn signals when driving and instead uses their horn to signal that they are passing on the right.
  3. The nodding of the head from shoulder to shoulder rather than up and down. I still have no idea what that means. Is it a yes or a no?????
Our next big trip will be back to Taiwan in 2011 for their 100 year celebration. There will be lots to see!! I am hopeful that we will see Amy and Sean there also.

Beyond that, I have hopes to visit and photograph the salt flats in Bolivia, the wild birds in Costa Rica, the nomads in Tibet, and the small mountain villages in China.

Hope you enjoyed my India photo blog and that you will stay tuned to my blog for future trips. :)

Oh yeah. I will also be posting up links to videos of India within the next few day so you get and idea of how incredible it really is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment