Friday, February 26, 2010

Packing

Packing to go to a place that is sunny and hot is usually pretty easy.  We like to pack everything into as little baggage as possible.  Usually, this means one suitcase each and one carry-on and laptop bag.

Packing photography equipment while flying on Qatar is a tricky little puzzle.  They limit coach passengers to two 50 lb. check in bags.  Our tripod alone is 10 lbs. Yikes!  They limit carry-on to only 15 lbs.  One camera body and a 29-300mm lens is already roughly 8-9 lbs.  Double yikes!!  It always makes me nervous if I go over the weight limit on carry-on luggage.  Airlines that are really strict will force you to check in your bag - no matter what you have inside....soooooooooo, I thought of a way around it.  I'm going to "wear" a lot of my lenses while going through the check in procedure.  I have a photographer's vest with a shitload of pockets and that is where the extra weight will go....hehehe.


This is the "equipment" suitcase.  It contains mostly chargers, cables, plugs, surge protector, steel cable and batteries.  In addition to that I have a pack of shamrocks, a frisbee, baseball caps and flipflops.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment