Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 1 - Hyderabad - Golkonda Fort

I love India.

Our room at the Quality Pearl Inn is 5 minutes from Amy's house and is a nice room (except for the AC which points straight at the bed).



The complimentary breakfast buffet included dishes like French Toast and Curried Potatoes.  Awesome! :)

India is so unlike any place I have ever seen.  Apparently, Kevin, Amy, Sean and I are something unlike what the Indians ever see.  During our visit to Golkonda Fort, we were stopped by dozens upon dozens of people who asked to take our photograph.  They wanted to be in the photos with us and they wanted us to photograph them!!  Wow...willing models!!  They even asked for our AUTOGRAPHS!!  LOL!!  We're were ROCK STARS for the day!!  It was a fun day.

The people of Hyderabad are warm, curious, intelligent people who wanted to know who we were, where we were from and how long we had been in India.

The photo below is of my new friend Shivani, an 8th grader who lives in Hyderabad.  She spoke English well and she wanted to know if I was visiting India with my parents.  :)  Apparently, when I tell people I am from New York, it's a big thing to them.  They all seem to love New York.


4 comments:

  1. Love the photos and your tour - Day 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Following your tour-Day 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your blog, now that I know about it. Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing experience! Enjoy the journey and be safe!! Thanks for keeping us virtually involved! :)

    ReplyDelete